Campaign of the Month: June 2021
Curiosities and Acquisitions
Curiosities and Acquisitions summary of events.
- The Legion of Hope has survived a trip down the well in the Yawning Portal into level 1 of Undermountain. In the depths the party witnessed the disappearance of the Ark of Souls. However, the first section of the Rod of Seven Parts was recovered.
- In Waterdeep, Safwin the bold defended himself from Ramona’s 7 evil X’s. She now awaits his return because it’s pretty cool to date someone with wings.
- The companions proceeded into the Underdark and captured the second rod segment from an aboleth. In the process Fria struck a deal with her uncle, a powerful drow mage to remove a geas placed on her by her mother, the matron mother.
- Brie began to dream of her mount and with the help of her companions rescued a unicorn named Starburst.
- The party ascended the highest peak in the Snowflake Mountains and recovered the third rod segment from the Fire Giantess Siiri.
- The party obtained the 4th and 5th Rod parts after successfully defeating the denizens of the abandoned caravanserai.
- The party signed an infernal contract with the pit fiend Ulthut in exchange for the 6th segment.
- The party successfully defeated Miska the Wolf Spider and recovered the entire Rod of 7 parts. It was re-assembled into the Rod of Law to defeat Miska.
- The party earned great rewards and respite among the Wind Dukes. Eventually, the party returned to Waterdeep to resume the search for the Ark of Souls.
- When the Legion of Hope returned to Waterdeep they discovered some orphans that had taken refuge in Trollskull Manor (which they now own).
- While the Legion of Hope investigates the Starry Cradle orphanage in Waterdeep, the band of orphans decided to have their own little adventure.
- The orphans explored the strange and mysterious Blue Alley. They recovered the Celestite Unicorn and returned to Trollskull Manor where they have taken up residence.
- The Legion of Hope discovered that a cult of Asmodeus had kidnapped the children. They found a temple to Asmodeus at a noble’s, the Cassalantars of Waterdeep, villa. They interrupted a vile ceremony taking place underneath the villa but, were unable to save any of the victims.
- The Legion of Hope purchased the Celestite Unicorn from the orphans and are now on a quest to try to return the unicorn inside the statue to life. A new character, Winter, has joined you and believes that restoring the unicorn will restore her powers as a priestess of Pelor.
- The Legion of Hope defeated an ancient red dragon and recovered Gern Blanston’s wand of animate dead. Gern restored the Celestite unicorn to life. Winter regained the favor of Pelor.
- The party returned to Arabel and finished repairing your spelljamming vessel, the Foe Hammer. You recovered Commodore Plumridge’s charts from some Githyanki pirates. The commodore met a grisly end as it turned out there was a baby mindflayer that grew inside of him and burst out of the large hippo-man body.
- The Legion of Hope has sailed between crystal spheres to a new world, the planet of Oerth. They find themselves in the Flanaess. In the city of Kalstrand they have begun to encounter strange mists and undead. The LoH is investigating something called the Sign of the Devourer.
- A sage directed the party into the mountains to the location of a once powerful wizard called Desattyso. You found the ruins of Desattyso’s stronghold overrun with giants. You eventually recovered part of Desattyso’s Journal. It mentioned the leader of an adventuring party Falon T’selvin who Desattyso hired.
- Back in Kalstrand, the sage directed you where to find Falon. But, when you arrived you found only his grave and a former companion of his named Grunther. Grunther and Winter recognized each other.
- Subsequently you went to Pitchfield where Winter lives. There she remembered Desattyso’s journal. Her journal contained important information regarding her expedition with the band of the hand to Acererak’s Tomb. This includes clues as to what befell the band in the tomb.
- The Legion of Hope set off on the spelljamming ship. You sailed south into the great swamp and eventually located the general vicinity of the Tomb of Horrors. You found that a town had arisen around the entrance… Skull City.
- You managed to infiltrate Skull City and then the Black academy.
- The Legion of hope discovered the Headmistress’s lair in the hidden corridors of the black academy. You defeated her and, at long last, you have found the entrance to Acererak’s Tomb.
- However, you now know that the Tomb is not the final destination. You have learned that there is another domain of Acererak’s that is reachable through the Tomb. This is where you must go.
- The Legion of Hope edged into the first hallway of the legendary Tomb of Horrors. Haldir already lost half of his foot to the mouth of the devourer found at the end of the first hallway.